Book Buddy is looking for an experienced, highly detailed, full-time bookkeeper. This position will be responsible for creating and sending invoices, inputting bills, reconciling monthly bank accounts, tracking and monitoring late payments, customer service related to accounts payable and receivable, and various other tasks. Primary responsibilities include using software tools including Quickbooks Online and Bill.com for data entry, reconciliation, and reporting.
Role and Responsibilities
- Facilitate order set up, milestone billings, and order closing and input customer information.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable in QuickBooks Online and Bill.com
- Process all accounts payable and receivable activity, ensuring transactions are processed timely and accurately to include royalty payments and receipts.
- Manage and process 25-50 vendor invoices per week
- Analyze accounts payable aging; escalate issues or problems as needed
- Investigate and follow-up on vendor balances, aged payables, dated checks
- Investigate and resolve purchase order, invoice, and payment discrepancies as needed
- Manage the company’s accounts payable/receivable customer inquiries, responding in a timely and professional manner
- Generate and maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and organization’s accounts payable files
- Conduct reviews and reconciliations on accounts payable and receivable records
- Process payroll and manage relationship with our payroll vendor and ensure payroll hours are reported accurately
- Advise operations team on financial best practices and strategies
- Oversee various accounts payable and receivable processes and other functions critical to accurate bill processing and timely vendor payments
This fully-remote position is perfect for you if you have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field (CPA is a plus). Successful candidates will have 3+ years of bookkeeping or executive assistant experience with basic accounting knowledge. You are a self-starter, comfortable working independently and interacting with other team members virtually via email, video call, or chat.
You’ll be a great fit on our all-remote team if you are a quick learner, agile, and good-humored. Also, you are kind and awesome (like us!).
- Organized; ability to plan ahead and juggle priorities across multiple projects with a meticulous eye for detail
- Techy; strong IT skills including knowledge of QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Google Drive, and Excel.
- Collaborative; strong team player and excellent communicator who enjoys interacting with a range of people
- Creative; a new-ideas brainstormer and scrappy, you enjoy finding ways to get resourceful in an entrepreneurial environment
- Data-driven mindset; good with numbers and spreadsheets
We are a team of publishing professionals, project managers, editors, designers, sound engineers, illustrators, and writers. We offer reliable and affordable services for any publishing project or content development collaboration, with a special expertise in K-12 school publishing. We enter each project as an extension of our client’s team, helping them solve the problem of having to staff up and then down as they pursue opportunities. We are a happy team of remote creatives. We like to make each other laugh and support each other, putting a high priority on life enjoyment and balance.
Our team is diverse. We seek out and celebrate team members who bring unique perspectives to our work. This means you’ll be working alongside folks from many ethnic, religious, and racial backgrounds, as well as queer, gender non-conforming, and neurodivergent communities. We welcome everything that makes you you and maintain high standards for respect and inclusion in our work world every day.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits, a very flexible schedule, and generous paid time off.
To pursue this opportunity, please email email@example.com with a brief introduction, your resume including relevant experience, and your current and future availability, with “Bookkeeper Opportunity” in the subject of your email.