Book Buddy Media is seeking an energetic, resourceful Production Assistant to support, organize, and control resources to expedite and improve production processes. This person will provide administrative support to the executive and production teams and throughout the production process from initial concept to delivery.
Role and Responsibilities
- Communicate with internal teams and assist with project management
- Ensure consistency and alignment for project launch.
- Maintain staffing database, updating job assignments, availability, and rates
- Organize and schedule meetings
- Liaise with editors, authors and reviewers as needed for publishing operations
- Providing assistance with editorial assistant tasks, including managing manuscript submissions, proofing materials, coordinating editorial vendor relationships and assignments, and creating and organizing author contracts
- Assist with marketing and sales activities, to include sending out review copies, managing files, delivering metadata to distributors and reviewers, and developing pitch documents.
You love books. This entry-level position is perfect for you if you have a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing and are looking to get wide experience and connections in the publishing industry. Successful candidates will have 1-3 years of project management or executive assistant experience with experience in tracking, planning projects, and cross-departmental diplomacy; 1+ years of content development/publishing or related industry experience is a plus.
You’ll be a great fit on our all-remote team if you are a quick learner, agile, and good-humored. Also, you are kind and awesome (like us!).
- Organized; ability to plan ahead and juggle priorities across multiple projects with a meticulous eye for detail
- Techy; strong IT skills including knowledge of Google Drive, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Collaborative; strong team player and excellent communicator who enjoys interacting with a range of people
- Creative; a new-ideas brainstormer and scrappy, you enjoy finding ways to get resourceful in an entrepreneurial environment
To pursue this opportunity, please email email@example.com with a brief introduction, your resume including relevant experience, and your current and future availability, with “Production Assistant Opportunity” in the subject of your email.
Book Buddy Media is partnering with an educator to produce curriculum layouts for Math and Language Arts lessons, spanning grades 1 through 6.
Each lesson spans an average of 6 pages, and the accompanying instructor guide an average of 4 pages each.
As this is a remote position, access to reliable internet and the ability to communicate responsively is imperative.
Eligible designers need to be fluent in InDesign, as well as be able to work within defined parameters and an existing style sheet. There may be light Illustrator and/or Photoshop work called for during layout (e.g. editing labels on a map, or simple recoloring of a graphic). InDesign CC 2022, 2021 or 2020 required to maintain compatibility through file handoff.
Designers will be responsible for laying out provided text and images in provided InDesign templates, according to the included style sheet and instructions. Complete, packaged InDesign files will then be provided to BBM for processing. There may be one round of corrections after a review/proof step (specifics TBD).
We can work with a range of available weekly hours, but availability must be communicated at project start, for planning purposes. Ideally, availability falls between 10 and 40 hours per week.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief introduction, your resume including relevant experience, a portfolio, and “Curriculum Layout Designer” in the subject of your email.
Book Buddy Media welcomes experienced Spanish-language copyeditors, proofreaders, and factcheckers who would like to be considered for editing projects. Successful applicants will be included in offers for upcoming projects, which may include children’s books, educational content, student lessons, and teacher’s guides for grades K-8 covering Social Studies, Language Arts, Science, and Math.
- A degree in English, creative writing, journalism, communications, or a related field
- At least 1-2 years’ experience editing per The Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience following in-house style sheets
- Experience editing in Microsoft Word using comments and tracked changes
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat’s markup tools for PDF documents
- Experience proofreading PDFs for typos and layout/design issues
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
To apply, please email email@example.com with a brief introduction, your resume including relevant editing experience, and “Spanish Proofreading/Copyediting/Factchecking Application” in the subject of your email. Thank you!