Book Buddy Media welcomes experienced English-language copyeditors, proofreaders, and factcheckers who would like to be considered for weekly editing projects. BBM is looking for editors with an availability of 5 or more hours per week. Successful applicants will be included in offers for upcoming projects, which may include children’s books, educational content, student lessons, and teacher’s guides for grades K-8 covering Social Studies, Language Arts, Science, and Math.
- A degree in English, creative writing, journalism, communications, or a related field
- At least 1-2 years’ experience editing per The Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience following in-house style sheets
- Experience editing in Microsoft Word using comments and tracked changes
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat’s markup tools for PDF documents
- Experience proofreading PDFs for typos and layout/design issues
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
To apply, please email email@example.com with a brief introduction, your resume including relevant editing experience, and “Proofreading/Copyediting Application” in the subject of your email. Thank you!