Book Buddy Media welcomes experienced English-language copyeditors/proofreaders who would like to be considered for weekly editing projects. BBM is looking for editors with an availability of 10 or more hours per week. Successful applicants will be included in offers for upcoming projects, which may include children’s books, educational content, student lessons, and teacher’s guides for grades K-8 covering Social Studies, Language Arts, Science, and Math.
- A degree in English, creative writing, journalism, communications, or a related field
- At least 1-2 years’ experience editing per The Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience following in-house style sheets
- Experience editing in Microsoft Word using comments and tracked changes
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat’s markup tools for PDF documents
- Experience proofreading PDFs for typos and layout/design issues
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief introduction, your resume including relevant editing experience, and “Proofreading/Copyediting Application” in the subject of your email. Thank you!