Book Buddy Media is seeking an energetic, resourceful Production Assistant to support, organize, and control resources to expedite and improve production processes. This person will provide administrative support to the executive and production teams and throughout the production process from initial concept to delivery.
Role and Responsibilities
- Communicate with internal teams and assist with project management
- Ensure consistency and alignment for project launch.
- Maintain staffing database, updating job assignments, availability, and rates
- Organize and schedule meetings
- Liaise with editors, authors and reviewers as needed for publishing operations
- Providing assistance with editorial assistant tasks, including managing manuscript submissions, proofing materials, coordinating editorial vendor relationships and assignments, and creating and organizing author contracts
- Assist with marketing and sales activities, to include sending out review copies, managing files, delivering metadata to distributors and reviewers, and developing pitch documents.
You love books. This entry-level position is perfect for you if you have a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing and are looking to get wide experience and connections in the publishing industry. Successful candidates will have 1-3 years of project management or executive assistant experience with experience in tracking, planning projects, and cross-departmental diplomacy; 1+ years of content development/publishing or related industry experience is a plus.
You’ll be a great fit on our all-remote team if you are a quick learner, agile, and good-humored. Also, you are kind and awesome (like us!).
- Organized; ability to plan ahead and juggle priorities across multiple projects with a meticulous eye for detail
- Techy; strong IT skills including knowledge of Google Drive, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Collaborative; strong team player and excellent communicator who enjoys interacting with a range of people
- Creative; a new-ideas brainstormer and scrappy, you enjoy finding ways to get resourceful in an entrepreneurial environment
To pursue this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief introduction, your resume including relevant experience, and your current and future availability, with “Production Assistant Opportunity” in the subject of your email.