The principal role of the Project Manager is to plan, organize, and control resources to shepherd cross-departmental projects from A to Z. We are looking for a contract project manager who is available for 30-40 hours per week.
Role and Responsibilities
- Owns project launch upon receipt of contract
- Initiates/runs external product launch meeting with client and BBM team
- Initiates/runs internal product launch meeting with client and BBM team
- Creates workflow in Wrike project management platform
- Project staffing
- Collaboratively identifies staffing needs with department heads
- Assists in sourcing and onboarding new vendors
- Next-step wrangling
- Liaison between departments to ensure cohesive project progress
- Bring clarity to ambiguous project goals, steps, requirements and solution needs.
- Alert cross-departmental team to upcoming milestone dates and potential conflicting priorities on a more granular level.
- Product delivery
- Delivers iterative development to client
- Manages feedback and questions
- Delivers final product to client
Successful candidates will have 1-3 years of project management experience with experience in tracking, planning projects, and cross-departmental diplomacy; 1+ years of content development/publishing or related industry experience is preferred.
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you are a quick learner, agile, and good-humored.
- Ability to influence and direct projects with and without authority.
- Demonstrate project planning ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
- Desire and ability to work and thrive in an entrepreneur environment.
Interested applicants, please email a resume to email@example.com.
We are a team of publishing professionals, project managers, editors, designers, animators, sound engineers, illustrators, and writers. We offer reliable and affordable services for any publishing project or content development collaboration, with a special expertise in K-12 school publishing. We enter each project as an extension of our client’s team, helping them solve the problem of having to staff up and then down as they pursue opportunities. We are a happy team of remote creatives. We like to make each other laugh and support each other, putting a high priority on life enjoyment and balance.
Our team is diverse. We seek out and celebrate team members who bring unique perspectives to our work. This means you’ll be working alongside folks from many ethnic, religious, and racial backgrounds, as well as queer, gender non-conforming, and neurodivergent communities. We welcome everything that makes you you and maintain high standards for respect and inclusion in our work world every day.