Book Buddy is looking for an experienced, highly detailed contract graphic designer. This position will be responsible for design and layout for print production – primarily K-12 library and curriculum books.
- Design/Layout of print production materials to include:
- K-12 school library books
- Curriculum textbooks and teacher guides
- Trade picture books
- Setting pagination
- Photo editing and manipulation
- Creation of custom charts and graphs in Illustrator
- Layout updates, revisions, and proofing
This fully-remote position is perfect for you if you have a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field. You are a self-starter, comfortable working independently and interacting with other team members virtually via email, video call, or chat.
You’ll be a great fit on our all-remote team if you are a quick learner, agile, and good-humored. Also, you are kind and awesome (like us!).
- Organized; ability to plan ahead and juggle priorities across multiple projects with a meticulous eye for detail
- Fluent in InDesign, and the entire Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience following prototypes using an established style sheet
Those interested can send a resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a team of publishing professionals, project managers, editors, designers, animators, sound engineers, illustrators, and writers. We offer reliable and affordable services for any publishing project or content development collaboration, with a special expertise in K-12 school publishing. We enter each project as an extension of our client’s team, helping them solve the problem of having to staff up and then down as they pursue opportunities. We are a happy team of remote creatives. We like to make each other laugh and support each other, putting a high priority on life enjoyment and balance.
Our team is diverse. We seek out and celebrate team members who bring unique perspectives to our work. This means you’ll be working alongside folks from many ethnic, religious, and racial backgrounds, as well as queer, gender non-conforming, and neurodivergent communities. We welcome everything that makes you you and maintain high standards for respect and inclusion in our work world every day.