Book Buddy is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented freelance graphic designer/production artist with 20-30 hours per week of availability. This position will be responsible for design and layout for print, focusing on curriculum layout for textbooks.
- Layout and page production of print materials:
- Curriculum textbooks and teacher guides
- K-12 school library books
- Typesetting for various print layouts, using and following established brand guidelines, style sheets, and design standards as established for each project
- Analyze and input changes to existing textbook layouts, repaginate textbooks according to client specifications
- High-res photo color-correction, editing, and cutout images
- Creation of custom charts and graphs in Illustrator
- Inputting editorial and client feedback into layouts
- Preparing files for print using industry best practices
- Careful file management and handling, working in a cloud-based environment
This fully-remote freelance position is perfect for you if you have 2-3 years of experience typesetting books or other long publications into layout. You are a self-starter, comfortable working independently and interacting with other team members virtually via email, video call, or chat.
Applicants should have an exacting eye for detail, ability to source textbook content from multiple sources and accurately synthesize input into a single layout, and be comfortable occasionally working in other languages (foreign language proficiency not required, but certainly a plus!).
You’ll be a great fit on our all-remote team if you are a quick learner, agile, and good-humored. Also, you are kind and awesome (like us!).
- Fluent in InDesign, Photoshop, & Illustrator
- Experience following InDesign templates—using style sheets, parent pages, managing long documents, using an INDB file structure
- Organization skills: highly organized and able to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively
- Experience preparing files for print, including knowledge of industry best practices for print production
To apply, please send a resume and PDF portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a team of publishing professionals, project managers, editors, designers, animators, sound engineers, illustrators, and writers. We offer reliable and affordable services for any publishing project or content development collaboration, with a special expertise in K-12 school publishing. We enter each project as an extension of our client’s team, helping them solve the problem of having to staff up and then down as they pursue opportunities. We are a happy team of remote creatives. We like to make each other laugh and support each other, putting a high priority on life enjoyment and balance.
Our team is diverse. We seek out and celebrate team members who bring unique perspectives to our work. This means you’ll be working alongside folks from many ethnic, religious, and racial backgrounds, as well as queer, gender non-conforming, and neurodivergent communities. We welcome everything that makes you you and maintain high standards for respect and inclusion in our work world every day.